Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Football or career? the choice of life

The Liverpool manager Bill Shankly said:-

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”

Well, on 30.11.10 I can either see my football team play play Wigan for £10 (if there are any tickets left that is?) Or do I pay £10 to go to Marketing Libraries Outside the Echo Chamber?

The evening:-

will bring together a great panel of speakers. In the first session, Laura Woods and Ned Potter will explore how the information profession is full of forward thinking professionals sharing great ideas.......
In the second part, we will hear from Jo Anderson and Bethan Ruddock talk about the Voices for the Library campaign and how they are reaching out to users and stakeholders outside the echo chamber to promote the value of public libraries.


I'm very much siding with the library event. Better be good, an arsenal better win.

No comments: