Thursday, June 04, 2009

Crowdsourcing for job applications

Since starting my own Wiki I have been interested in what I could add to it. I have thought of practical and web 2.0 idea's I could also add to it (i'm so last year I know).
Anyhow, since reading Tapscott's Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything. This book along with Jeff Howe's Book Crowdsourcing: Why the Power of the Crowd Is Driving the Future of Business and his Wired article. I was wondering how to use this practically, the crowdsourcing and wiki.
Therefore, my idea was whilst looking for jobs, to put my application forms up, give feedback and recieve updates from other people. The items could then be tagged, reference and used by other people and companies to use. I reckon it could be a winner (unless all my applications are rejected, no one gives feedback etc). I wonder why no one else has done it.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure if some people might see it as either a free dinner or plagarism to a degree. What do others of you think?

No comments: