Friday, October 28, 2011

CPD Thing 13: Google Docs, Wikis and Dropbox

CPD Thing 13: Google Docs, Wikis and Dropbox. In this section of the CPD we looked at online collaboration. The use of google docs at my library has been mainly when i'm at home and working. I personally have used google docs for spreadsheet of our book collections. Whether we have the item, how many items we may have, if its available or if its available via Copac and then send to the subject librarians.

Dropbox. I do believe we have used it for our document supply team, who will put scanned and paid for photocopy items in dropbox for clients to collect.

Wiki's I have set up within my previous departments. I used these predominantly as training tools and as a personal intranet. I have used mainly wetpaint when using wiki software.

No comments: