Monday, January 17, 2011

The Shallows, a book to read in my opinion

I have just finished Nicholas Carr's new book The Shallows: How the Internet is Changing the Way We Think, Read and Remember. The book looks at the impact of our use of the internet upon our brain. The book also looks at how we have used our brains in the past in using books and even how Aristotle was against the written word. The book also looked at Neurological studies about how the brain trains itself to collect data from bboks, learning and the internet.
In looking at the Internet, Carr note's how the brain can not keep its mind on doing one thing, and how we multi-task. Also, how the Kindle is not just a Book in electronic form, but changes the whole way we read.
Really fantastc book that cheered me up (not). Hopefully, my next book, The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future (or, Don't Trust Anyone Under 30) will cheer me up?

No comments: