Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Books to read for the new year

Having mentioned previously what I had enjoyed reading previously, I thought I would say the books I hope to acquire and read. Anyhow, here goes.

1. Siva Vaidhyanathan The Googlization of Everything: (And Why We Should Worry), which is out on 07.03.10. I've been looking forward to this book since he mentioned it on his blog for the book in 2007. I read with interest his previous book The Anarchist in the Library: How the Clash Between Freedom and Control is Hacking the Real World and Crashing the System. Siva is often (fairly, I believe) of Google, so I think it'll be a pretty good read.

2. Nicholas Carr fairly new book The Shallows: How the Internet is Changing the Way We Think, Read and Remember. This book looks at the effect the Internet is having on society and on our brains.

3. Robert Darnton The Case for Books: Past, Present and Future. This I have ordered and was hoping to read whilst in Germany.

Anyhow, thats another list. Will I make the 200 post for this year? I'm still trying.......

No comments: