Thursday, July 16, 2009

Panlibus competition that rocks the mainstage

Panlibus have released their monthly podcast entitled The Library 2.0 Gang on Mashups. In it they tall with Nicole Engard of what I learned today blog (a must read blog). Obviously they discussed mashups, but also Nicole's new edited book entitled Library Mashups : Exploring New Ways to Deliver Library Data . There's a facebook page, a contents page of the twenty chapters and the release date (late september).

There is also a competition on Panlibus site, stating:-

This month’s show launches the Library 2.0 Gang Mashup Idea competition. To enter you need to send in your idea for a library mashup. It can be as simple or complex as you like. The only restriction being that it must include library data or functionality somewhere within it. The best three, as judged by Nicole Engard and myself, will each receive a copy of the Library Mashups book she has edited. Closing date is August 31st, send your entries to librarygang@talis.com.

I've put my entry in. I hope I win, but I rarely do.

No comments: