Friday, March 30, 2007

Query......What's the best site for this?

In a previous blog entry I review some social networking sites. A user has asked me in the comments the following question:-
I am looking for a way to catalog and organize my home library of about 1000 books. Not interested at this point for the social interaction. What's the best site for this?
Funnily enough I had been thinking about this when I was around a friends who was showing me Delicious Library. I know this has been reviewed many times, but I do like it. Obviously you need a Apple mac. Delicious Library describes itself as:-
Get your Mac, a webcam, and Delicious Library and rediscover your home library. Just point any FireWire digital video camera, like an Apple iSight®, at the barcode on the back of any book, movie, music, or video game. Delicious Library does the rest. The barcode is scanned and within seconds the item's cover appears on your digital shelves filled with tons of in-depth information downloaded from one of six different web sources from around the world.
I like the idea of doing that so simply of adding your media sources (dvd,cd and books) with a scanner from your i-sight camera. If you want all media try this. It does cost $40, but then thats not too bad is it?
If you want to do just books my preference is with librarything.

No comments: